Consultant on International Financial Flows
Title of Consultancy: Consultant on international financial flows
Application Closing Date (deadline extended): 9 January 2023
Consultancy Start and End Date: 15 January 2023 – 25 March, 2023
Location of Consultancy: Travel not required, but might be considered separately.
Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. Through more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
The Transparency International Secretariat (TI-S) in Berlin is seeking a consultant on international financial flows to review the implementation of the FATF/MONEYVAL standards in Armenia and produce an independent assessment of the main issues affecting the effectiveness of the country’s efforts to tackle illicit financial flows/ corruption and money laundering. The Consultant’s work will be facilitated by TI’s National Chapter in Armenia – Transparency International Anticorruption Center (TIAC).
- Review the Armenian legislation on the fight against money laundering and terrorism finance
- Review the national and international reports related to implementation of the FATF and MONEYVAL standards in Armenia
- Review the national mechanisms to prevent avoidance of international sanctions against the Armenian and foreign citizens
- Produce an independent assessment of the main issues affecting the effectiveness of Armenia’s efforts to tackle illicit financial flows/ corruption and money laundering
- Develop recommendations on the legal loopholes to be closed, laws to be reformed, mandate and powers of authorities and other matters to improve the performance of Armenia’s authorities and other players, if relevant
- Provide a training and consulting to TIAC on the matters related to the scope of consultancy
EXPECTED DELIVERABLES AND TIMELINE
- Inception report not exceeding 10 pages by 5 February 2023
- Draft final assessment report not exceeding 40 pages by 5 March 2023
- Final assessment report by 25 March, 2023
All presentations and reports should be submitted in English, in electronic form, in accordance with the deadlines stipulated above. The Consultant is responsible for editing and quality control of language. The TI Secretariat and TIAC retain the rights with respect to all distribution, dissemination, and publication of the deliverables.
The Consultant should have the following qualifications:
- Over 5 years of relevant experience in international organizations engaged in the monitoring of international financial flows
- Fluent oral and written English communication skills.
REMUNERATION AND COSTS
The Consultants should provide their estimated total fee as a lump sum or as standard daily or hourly rates as gross inclusive of taxes and other charges.
Consultants who are based in Germany and do not charge German VAT must confirm their small entrepreneur status.
The application should include the following documents in English:
- Business proposal with quotes
- Motivation letter and Curriculum Vitae
- One sample of relevant previous work (confidentiality guaranteed).
Please indicate “Consultant on international financial flows” in the subject line of your email application. Applications should be sent in English by email to Sona Ayvazyan at [email protected] by close of business of 09/01/2023.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
The Transparency International Secretariat is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where diversity is valued and where there is equality of opportunity. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and therefore welcome applications from qualified candidates of all regions, countries, cultures, and backgrounds.
Selection of candidates is made on a competitive basis and we do not discriminate on the basis of national origin, race, colour or ethnic background, religious belief, sex, gender identity and expression or sexual orientation, marital or family status, age or ability. We kindly ask applicants to refrain from including in their application information relating to the above as well as from attaching photos.
When you respond to this tender and submit your application, you provide consent that Transparency International e. V. keeps your application materials for the period of ten years according to German legal requirements. Afterwards Transparency International will delete your application and any personal data included in it. If you have any questions, please reach out to [email protected]