Call for expert services in public procurement area
Transparency International Anticorruption Center (hereinafter, TIAC) was established in 2000, acting as the accredited national chapter of Transparency International (TI), the global anti-corruption movement in Armenia. The organization’s mission is to promote good governance in Armenia through reducing corruption and strengthening democracy. Its goals include the support to effective anti-corruption policy and transparent and accountable governance, promotion of free and fair elections and reasonable, transparent and accountable management of public resources.
Objective of expert service
To develop public procurement monitoring methodology and a comprehensive system of systematic and effective data collection and analysis for research of public procurement legislation and law enforcement practice.
Scope of work
The Expert will carry out the following tasks:
- Develop/review the methodology of public procurement monitoring together with the project team
- Study the legislation of public procurement and law enforcement practice and develop recommendations for improvement
- Analyze the collected data on public procurement of respective state bodies and summarize it in a relevant report/publication
- Act as the organization’s expert during stakeholder meetings, as well as in relations with media.
- Participate in advocacy of the Project
- Provide consultancy to project team during project implementation.
- Revised methodology of monitoring on public procurement
- Report on the results of public procurement monitoring
Required qualifications and competencies:
- Higher education in Economics
- 3-5 years’ experience in public procurement and/or public policy areas
- Competence in public procurement and related legislation and law enforcement practice
- Experience in working with governmental institutions and international organizations
- Experience in public policy research/monitoring methodology, plans and tools
The service will last 6 months starting from the launch date mentioned in Service delivery contract. The Expert is expected to start the work on March 1, 2017.
Eligible Expert will be selected in accordance with the following criteria:
- Required qualification and experience (40%)
- List of organizations for whom the candidate did similar assignments (20 %)
- Consultancy rates (40 %)
How to apply:
Interested individuals shall provide the following documents:
- letter of interest highlighting the relevant experience
- cost of consultancy service: daily rate and the expected number of days for service delivery
- samples of developed monitoring methodologies
- list of organizations, for whom the applicant did similar assignments;
- two reference contacts.
Application procedure and deadline:
The mentioned documents shall be delivered in English or Armenian via email to email@example.com by mentioning “Expert services” in the subject line of your message by EOD February 19, 2017.